All I have to say is OUCH! I went today to have my temporary splint & stitches removed. But let me rewind to getting to the appointment.
My appointment was scheduled for 4:20 pm. Unfortunately, I was about 10 minutes late due to my poor husband having to come from work 20 minutes away to pick me up and then drive another 30 mins to the doctor's office. When he finally made it to our house, I had this great idea to help speed up the process of getting to the doctor's by going down the six steps in the garage by myself. Can you say bad idea. I made it to the second to the last step and I swayed a little bit on my crutches and hit the bottom of my heel on the last step. I wasn't in pain but was in shock. Mad at myself for being so stupid to go down the stairs by myself. My husband, Anthony was so mad at me and I understood his anger. I cried & prayed the whole way to my appointment. I didn't know if I had undone everything my doctor had done 10 days prior or if I had a new injury. I think the fear of the unknown was the cause for my tears.
After all that drama we made it to my appointment.
When the tech took my temporary splint off I was so amazed at how good my foot looked. It was not discolored or swollen at all. There was minimal blood. Anthony was shocked too. They did an X ray and surprisingly I did not do any damage with my foolishness. PRAISE GOD. Prayer works. Removal of the stitches were another story. Let's just say again, OUCH! The calf removal was painless, but the two at the ankle were very painful. I did have to hold on to Anthony because I started getting lightheaded thanks to the Precocet I had taken an hour earlier on a almost empty stomach. On to the cast.
This was my very first cast ever and it was uneventful. I really didn't have that much pain when I had to put and keep my foot at a 90 degree angle. Anthony has video documented my little journey too and he said it took the tech about 10 minutes to put my cast on. That is pretty amazing to me.
I think from check in to check out we were there for about an hour and a half. Remember when I told about the Precocet I took prior to my appointment? Well it came back and bit me in the butt. Or should I say stomach. Nausea & vomiting is not a friend of mine. Especially, when it makes you become friends with a trash can in the lobby area. Thank goodness I was the last patient there and thank God for the receptionist who gave me a pretzel stick to settle my stomach. Whew!
Now you would think after all of that a smart person would go home. Well I had the bright idea of going to Costco to pick up a couple of things. I am not making great decision today. Which I realized after the fact. Remember my unwanted friendship with nausea & vomiting that visited me at the doctor's office? Well they showed up at Costco along with an even bigger trash can friend. I am so thankful for Anthony, as I got acquainted with my new trash can friend, he blocked our meeting with his body and a 20 roll pack of Bounty paper towels. I just need to go home.
Home sweet home. I made it and will probably be here for a while. It's a jungle out there. Especially when you have one foot.
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment