Saturday, August 20, 2016

Day after Surgery

It's the day after surgery and so far so good. I stayed over night in the hospital and I'm glad I did. It is 6am and my foot, lower leg is starting to come back to life.

We (as in hubby, daughter, my mom, and me) arrived to the hospital yesterday @ 7am. We were taken up to my room around 8am and I was taken to the surgery holding room at 10am. An I.V was started and I was given a nice little I.V cocktail before the Dr. did a nerve block on my leg. After that all I remember is being back in my room with a huge bandage on my lower leg. I did get a little nauseous after drinking water, but not too bad. I was so happy to be able to order dinner and have my sweet husband feed me once it arrived.
The nurse advised me to start taking pain meds before my leg comes back to life. I have had two doses of Percocet. Two tablets each time. As I write this I can feel a little bit of throbbing on the right inside of my ankle.
Oh boy! Now the fun begins! NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment