Tuesday, August 16, 2016

After reading countless blogs about Calcaneal Osteotomy surgery, I decided to document my journey before, during and after my surgery. 

I went to my pre op appointment about 5 days ago and I have to say it made me a little nervous.  They asked me everything possible about my health, twice.  Then the nurse told me what the doctor's orders said what he is planning to do to my poor ankle and heel.  I would have put it in the title but it was do dang long.  The plan is to do a gastrocnemius recession.  Basically, cut the gastrocnemius tendon and lengthen it. OUCH!  Then he will explore my posterior tibial tendon. I guess to see if it needs to be repaired too.  He will also do a Tarsal Tunnel release to help release the nerve and relieve pain.  Now the biggie, Rt.  MDCO (Medial Displacement Calcaneal Ostestomy.  Moving my right heel over and putting in a plate.  To my understanding I will not be able to put weight on my poor ankle for about 6-8 weeks.  This is going to be very challenging, but I should be okay.  My parents are coming tomorrow and will be here until Sept. 7th.  Yay!  I will also have help from my wonderful husband, Anthony and my kids, Zaaye, 16 and Trinity, 11.  

I have so much to do between now and Friday that I am seeing double.  So until next time, be blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment