Wednesday, August 17, 2016

1 Day Pre-Op

Surgery day is getting closer.  I have one more day of work and then it is game day! Sorry I am a huge Denver Broncos fan.  I will miss Peyton Manning this year!
Anyway, my parents came in today.  I am so thankful.  I think my family and I can relax a little bit knowing that they are here.  I believe I am pretty prepared for this surgery the best I can.  I have arranged rides for my kids from school.  My son is in Marching band and their season just started.  I am pretty bummed that I will probably miss most of it.  I am a uniform mom and the band booster secretary.  So I'm hoping I will be able to at least make a couple of games and a competition.  I think my daughter will probably miss it the most.  She enjoys going to the football games seeing her brother play and seeing her friends outside of school.

In preparing for my surgery I decide to purchase a bed to have downstairs in my family room.  I have so many stairs leading up to my front door and going upstairs.  16 inside and about 12 outside and that's not counting the 5 leading into the house from the garage.
We thought about renting a hospital bed,but after finding out our insurance would not pay for it, we decided to look online at Wal-Mart.  Yes you read it right, Wal-Mart.  


It is called a Pragma Everyday Bed in a Box Wooden Slat Adjustable Bed Head & Foot Multiple sizes Twin XL for $235.  I ordered on Sunday and it came today. I also order a comforter set.  It should be in tomorrow or Friday.  The head and foot are not adjustable with a motor, but manual.  Which is okay with me.  It seems pretty sturdy and was easy set up.  No tools needed.  Oh and the mattress came with it.  I believe it is a 6" memory foam.  I have not tested it out yet because you have to wait 24 hours for the mattress to expand.  so I will let you know how it feels after my first night sleeping on it.

I still have a ton of things to do.  At least I think I do.  I have crutches, but I still need to order my knee scooter.  I'm thinking I might have to purchase one online from Amazon.  Well I will think about that tomorrow. Have a great night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment