Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 27

It has been a long time since my last post and a lot has happened.
My parents went home on September 7th and they are missed. Especially my mother. She really took good care if me. Anthony and the kids are doing their best. The first day I was by myself, I was a little concerned that I would need something beyond my reach or something would happen, like me falling. Thank God nothing happened and with each day I was more confident.
I also had to start weening myself off of the Percocet. It was making me feel out of it too much. All I can say is, I definitely understand why people become addicted to pain killers. The withdrawal symptoms are horrible. From nausea, cold/hot sweats, headaches, aches and diarrhea. It was pretty bad. But if you do not want to be dependent on them it is so worth the pain to go through the withdrawals. I'm so glad the worst is over when it comes to the pain meds. I think it took about a week for it to run its course, to get fully out of my system.

So I went to the doctor two days ago to get my cast changed and It was a pleasant surprise when my doctor said he was going to put me in a boot. Only requirement was that I still not put any weight on my ankle/heel. Not a problem.
Well when I got home and elevated my leg, it started to hurt like the Dickens. So guess what? I had to take a Percocet. Dang it, I just knew I was done with that evil medicine. Anyway, I took it and I am glad I did. It calm my foot down a little bit. Anthony had the bright idea to take the boot off to see if that would help, but it only made it worse. So the boot when right back on. Then his next idea was to lower the bed and my foot off the pillow. Needless to say, he was forgive for the last idea, because this one worked. That one little act, took the pain away immediately. I have not had my foot elevated since. Happy dance on one foot!
I can not believe how much my foot feels in this boot. I'm so excited.
Well it's 0145 in the am and I have a wedding tomorrow. I have to do the make for the bride and her maid of honor.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment